Katello can be used to manage content associated with SUSE products based upon contents mirrored via the smt tool. This includes content such as RPMs, errata.
- Repository - Collection of content (either rpm).
- Product - Collection of repositories (content hosts attach to a product).
- Library - The initial lifecycle environment where repositories are created. Content that is synced or uploaded lands in the library.
The following is a high-level summary of the workflow:
- Set up SUSE account and smt server
- Set up the smt mirroring and Content
- Create Products and Repositories
Set up SUSE account and SMT server
Assuming you have an SCC account, setup the SMT server, click here for more documentation.
- Install smt
# zypper install smt
# yast smt-server
- A TUI will pop up and you are going to have to add credentials from your account, found in scc.suse.com, as shown in screenshot below
- Click ok and proceed with the steps provided, it will finish up and exit
Set up the SMT Content and mirroring
On a SLES 12 Box
Create Products and Repositories
- Follow the steps listed here to create Products and Repositories
- Follow the steps listed on the same link as above to create a yum repository with the repository url pointing to the appropriate location. For example