Foreman 1.10.0-RC2 available for testing
The latest Release Candidate for Foreman 1.10 has been released. Feedback is very, very useful at this stage, so please do test and report bugs! Here are some of the upcoming highlights:
- A new button to rebuild DNS, DHCP and TFTP configs has been added to the UI and API, which will help in cases where records have been lost due to server rebuilds or other issues.
- More detailed host statuses are available, with an extensible mechanism for plugins to be able to add to the green/yellow/red status shown on the host list and dashboard.
- Lots of host and host group cloning enhancements and fixes are present in this release, so virtual machine details, Puppet class associations and more are copied correctly, among other improvements.
- Creating hosts with host groups, but changing and unsetting certain inherited attributes has become easier with new “inherit” buttons. Similarly, passwords already saved can be removed now.
- The smart proxy DNS module has been overhauled, and is now extensible. New PowerDNS and Route 53 plugins are available already!
- Parameter management has seen a few improvements, particularly in the Puppet class edit form. The host and host group parameters tabs have improved tooltips and layout fixes to improve readability.
More details in the announcement
Foreman 1.9.3 released
Latest release in the 1.9 series is now available with fixes for some new bugs and regressions.
New and updated plugins this month
- foreman_cockpit - first release announcement, screenshot
- foreman_salt and smart_proxy_salt - versions 4.0.1 and 2.1.6 respectively. Compatible with Foreman 1.10. announcement
- foreman_discovery - version 4.1 (PXE-less discovery via kexec mechanism) announcement, screenshot
- foreman_digitalocean - version 0.2.1
- foreman-xen - version 0.1.5 and 0.2.1 (ongoing code cleanups and fixes, added support for XenServer pools (only 0.2.x for Foreman 1.10+))
- foreman_chef - version 0.2.0
- Ansible integration - still a work-in-progress
- Foreman / oVirt Meetup, London, 20th Nov, 7pm (Clapham Junction) more details
- Talk about Foreman by Lukáš Zapletal, Karviná University, 12th Nov more details
- Talk: “Monitoring infrastructure changes with Foreman” by Lukáš Zapletal, Pilsen University, 19th Nov more details
Latest community demo:
- foreman_cockpit (dlobatog)
- Host Unification update (jsherill)
- Parameters & Table Rendering (tbrisker)
- Facts for Discovered Hosts (agoldboi)
- remote_execution updates (mhulan)
- Community Roadmap update / open questions (gwmngilfen)
Foreman Meetup in Brno, Wed 14th Oct
Foreman LinuxDays 2015 recap
Slides are published at our Intro page You can download in ODT format from SlideShare if you want to modify.