A little earlier this month, another Foreman newsletter is here!
Foreman 1.16 RC1 is out
Foreman 1.16 is now available for testing with the release of RC1 yesterday.
Changes in this release include:
- Netgroups support for LDAP
- VMWare SCSI controllers with per-disk configuration
- Puppet 5 support
- Many UI changes such as Patternfly pagination
- An interface to Webpack for plugins
Full details about the release can be found here.
We know you’ve been waiting for this one and we’ll be glad to get comments and issues reported to issue tracker to make the release of 1.16 faster and better.
Foreman 1.15.4 released
1.15.4 was released on Sep 18th. 19 issues were fixed and all the details appear on the announce list. As always bugs can be reported on issue tracker and we appreciate getting reports and of course fixes!
Vertical Navigation Survey
A big UI change proposed for our navigation bar. Full details in our latest community demo.
Test it yourself with our Vertical navigation demo login details: admin / vertnav.
Vertical Navigation Survey
It’s open until the end of the week so hurry up to get your opinion in!
Scaleway is now our newest sponsor! Thank you for providing ARM servers for building our arm packages!
- Community Demo - 5th October (URL to be announced)
Time again for the latest roundup of action from the community, covering core, proxies, plugins, and more. As always, you’re welcome to participate in the show, either via YouTube Live chat, or via our IRC channel (Freenode/#theforeman).
Next in our series of UX reviews, we’re looking at Katello’s content hosts. With the upcoming work on the unification of hosts and content hosts it will be important to consider the UI/UX of both and how that combines into a unified host experience.
Community Demos / Deep Dives
In this demo we covered a variety of small updates across the codebase, and then dived into a hands-on look at the proposals for the new UI (vertical navigation).
(All Foreman events are now available via the Foreman Calendar)
New / Updated plugins
The existing foreman_userdata plugin has now been added to the RPM repos.
- foreman_maintain updated to 0.0.9
- foreman_omaha updated to 0.0.3
- foreman_openscap updated to 0.8.1
- foreman_snapshot_management updated to 1.1.0
- hammer_cli_foreman_openscap updated to 0.1.5
- hammer_cli_foreman_admin updated to 0.0.7
- puppetdb_foreman updated to 3.1.2
- smart_proxy_openscap updated to 0.6.7
- smart_proxy_dhcp_infoblox updated to 0.0.7
Thanks to everyone who contributes to the Foreman community - patches, plugins, testing, bug reports, translations, interviews, presentations, meetups and everything else. Your efforts are very much appreciated!