Foreman 1.17 released
Two weeks ago Foreman 1.17 was released! This version finally includes the new vertical navigation bar, as seen in community demos and deep dives. This will be the last version supporting API v1 that has been deprecated since 1.9. See the announcement for the full list of bugs and features. Thank you to everyone that helped test and contributed to the release candidates. As always bugs can be reported on issue tracker and we appreciate getting reports and of course fixes!
Katello 3.6 is out
Katello 3.6 was released! This version works with Foreman 1.17 and brings an impressive list of bug and features including great performance improvements around content views. See the announcement For more details. Reporting of bugs will be appreciated.
Greg, our community lead, is back! Feel free to continue contacting Ori but now you can also reach out to Greg again. Welcome back Greg!
Feedback wanted - Highly Available Proxies
Sean O’Keeffe wants your input! We’ve been having a lot of discussion on the right way to implement high availability for the proxies, and we’d like to hear from more voices. If you’re curious about the current plans, and want to offer your thoughts, then head over to the forum thread for more details. Thanks!
- Community Demo - 17th May (URL to be announced)
Time again for the latest round-up of action from the community, covering core, proxies, plugins, and more. As always, you’re welcome to participate in the show, either via YouTube Live chat, or via our IRC channel (Freenode/#theforeman).
- UX review - Breadcrumb Bar - 2nd May (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6vrs1rtjAo) Breadcrumbs display a users location within an application hierarchy. They act as a resource to help users navigate more efficiently and provide additional context. The Breadcrumb Switcher provides a shortcut for users to quickly navigate to parallel pages, rather than navigating back to the previous page and making a new selection. In this demo, we will show the new BreadcrumbBar and an example of how to migrate from the old two-pane.
Community Demos / Deep Dives
Community Demo - 26th March This was a demo showing improvements and additions all over - UI, hammer, audits and more. There is also a preview of the breadcrumbs bar that will be demoed in the next UX deep dive.
UX review - Red Hat Subscriptions page - 4th Apr The Red Hat Subscriptions page is being moved to react and changes will be made to allow a user to manage the number of subscription entitlements from within Katello rather than going to the Red Hat Portal. This is the first step towards making the consumption of Red Hat subscriptions within Katello more user friendly and seamless. This demo shows the progress made thus far as well as mockups on where we are going.
Deep Dive - Foreman Datacenter Plugin - 11th Apr In this deep dive Michal presented the foreman_datacenter plugin which lets you document your physical servers across multiple datacenters.
(All Foreman events are now available via the Foreman Calendar)
- foreman-ansible updated to 2.0.4
- foreman_openscap updated to 0.9.2
- foreman_remote_executionto 1.5.0
- foreman_setup updated to 6.0.0
- foreman_memcache updated to 0.1.0
- foreman_snapshot_management updated to 1.4.0
- foreman-tasks updated to 0.13.0
- foreman_templates updated to 6.0.0
- foreman_virt_who_configure updated to 0.2.0
- hammer_cli_katello updated to 0.12.1
- hammer_cli_foreman_openscap updated to 0.1.6
- smart_proxy_dhcp_infoblox updated to 0.0.13
- smart_proxy_dhcp_device42 updated to 1.0.7
- smart_proxy_dynflow updated updated to 0.2.0
- smart_proxy_openscap updated to 0.6.10
- smart_proxy_remote_execution_ssh updated to 0.2.0
Thanks to everyone who contributes to the Foreman community - patches, plugins, testing, bug reports, translations, interviews, presentations, meetups and everything else. Your efforts are very much appreciated!